Australia fires may have made many headlines lately, but sadly a fire on our doorsteps has burned 151 homes in Phnom Penh. The fire started in a kitchen in Bak Touk Village, Sangkat Toul Sanke 1, Russey Keo district. Whilst houses were destroyed there were thankfully no injuries.
The fire was said to be caused by an electrical fault and although now fully extinguished, many lives have been affected. The Friends’N’Stuff shop (street 13) have requested aid in the form of non-perishable food, clothes , bicycles and money to help those affected.
Donations can also be made via the friends-international website: